Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cooking Club IV

This past weekend Justin and I hosted the 4th edition of Cooking Club. We chose to do a Thai theme. Between Justin and Cran we have quite a few food allergies to deal with and Thai turned out to be great for gluten and diary free! No substitutions needed. It might become a new staple in Justin and my meals.

We started the night with a Thai drink of Iced Watermelon. It's literally just ice and watermelon blended together and was so so delicious. Might've been my favorite part of the night. It'd be very refreshing on a hot summer day.


The appetizer course tasted a lot better than this picture shows. It consisted of rice cakes with 2 sauces: a spicy dipping sauce and a prawn and coconut dip. The spicy sauce I didn't care for. All I could taste was the shrimp paste and I didn't think it was spicy at all. The coconut dip was great though. The 2nd appetizer was egg rolls. Not the traditional kind but actual cooked eggs rolled up. Served with a lime soy sauce. Quite tasty.


The second course was a hot and sour noodle salad. Really good. I'd definitely make again and easy to make.


The main course was thick beef curry in sweet peanut sauce served over coconut rice and sided with stir-fried pineapple with ginger. Again all of it was great!


The dessert course was steamed custard in nectarines. It was ok. Very easy to make but not sure I'd do it again. I accidentally over-cleaned before we served the dessert and threw away the garnishes. oops!


More pics of the night plus some others from the weekend.

No comments: