Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day BBQ

I LOVE long weekends. Especially when they involve 3.5 days off, getting many items crossed off my to do list, and also including time to relax with friends. If any of you remember 7 years ago the Eids and Jovle's wanted to start a tradition. It was decided that every Memorial Day going forward we would spend at least part of it together. The host could decide what to do and if they wanted to include anyone else. This year it was the Eid's turn. They decided it'd be fun to spend the afternoon/evening at Cleary Lake Park and also invited 3 other couples/kids/fetuses. What a perfect evening it was too! The weather couldn't have been better and we found a picnic bench in the shade that had enough room for ladder ball. Another successful year!

Sidenote: I don't think I ever blogged it, but we did decide to replace my camera that broke when I was in Dallas. Today was one of the first times using it and I have to say I was very impressed. At the end of the day when we tried to get a good pic of the 3 kids sitting together, it was very fast and captured it all. Watch the progression.

New camera: Fuji Finepix Z


The BBQ
Jeff, Jenny, Mallory, Kristen, & Brent


Cran, Cari, Kristen & Ellie


Kiddos

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I sure am glad we added the fetuses to the invitee list :) Great BBQ and another successful Memorial Day. Can't wait for next year!!!