Friday, August 22, 2008

The end of an era...

Yesterday was an exciting yet sad day for me. We had to pack up our cubes at work in preparation for the new furniture we are getting. I've been sitting in the same place for over 6 years now. I had a great view of the patio outside, quiet neighbors, and I was the first cube into our dept where everyone would stop and chat. I know that change is a good thing and I am really excited to see our new space but there will always be a little part of me that misses my old cube...at least until I see how great the new one is. :) And to all my work girls, even though I'm in the "heart" of the dept and don't have a chair for you to sit in, still come visit me!!! Can't wait for Monday to see all this madness come together. I will try and get some pics up of it.

And since they are redoing our area we had nowhere to work so I have been out of work since 10:45 yesterday! Can't beat a free vacation day. I made the most of it by going to the state fair today. I have to say the highlight for me was the chocolate covered bacon - Famous Dave's booth. So delicious! A must try for the new food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the Chocolate Covered Bacon was so good - I am surprised it wasn't served on a stick. Just finished Marley and Me Book - so sad at the end. Have a good weekend.

Aaron Mathison said...

I am now looking forward to going to the fair, just for a taste of that, yum!