Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm done!!

Yesterday was the day of the St. Paul Inline Marathon. After a little over a month of not really focused training, I was ready, or close enough. The weather turned out to be perfect after a few brief rain showers before the race started. I couldn't have asked for a better day. My goal was to do the race in under 2 hours and I did it!!!! 1 hour and 57 minutes. I have to say I'm pretty proud! I even felt pretty good after besides my jello legs and aching knees/back. All to be expected though. Thanks so much for all my fans that cheered me on. It was really great to have the support and you kept me going when I was hurting.

Natalie and I at the beginning of the race.


Me on mile 11ish.


Last night Justin had a Spalon event so I decided I should move around a bit and tagged along with him. If anyone has ever watched What Not To Wear on TLC you've seen Nick Arrojo. He's the stylist that does the hair makeovers. He put on a hair show and demoed a few different cuts. It was pretty cool to see him in action and hear his beautiful accent. He was giving the stylists tips on raising prices and when it's ok to do it. Apparently he charges $500 a hair cut!! Holy crap that better be one damn good cut. The pics from the event aren't up yet, so here's what he looks like for those who don't know.


6 comments:

Crystal said...

I love that you have a smile on your face in both of the pics!

Abbie said...

Good job! You made this look so easy!

Kristie said...

Way to go! Glad you are up and moving today!

Anonymous said...

What a happy skater! Congrats to You on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is from Brenda! Just learning how to do this..... :)

Anne said...

Great Job K!