Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Brown Thumb

Help!! I think my brown thumb has struck already. I took at look at my garden today and a bunch of my red/green peppers are turning black. I tried to google it and didn't have much luck, so I'm turning to anyone who knows anything about gardening - or who knows of a good place I can find information. They should be getting plenty of water and the soil appears to be holding it. Am I over watering? Is it because the plants already had peppers on them? Are we too late in the season? Any insight - even an educated guess would help. I am clueless. Here's some pics (not great ones but you get the idea).




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends is super good with plants and gardens - plus her mom works at a nursery. I have emailed your story off to her - I will let you know if I find anything out.

Anne said...

Yikes - Sorry K...I know nothing. Best of luck.

Kristie said...

I have no idea how to help...but I am waiting to hear what somebody else might say

Anonymous said...

K - here is what my friend Karla had to say - the only thing i can think of if this is on the first peppers....the ones that were on the plant when she bought them they may just be "over mature" I would pick them off and see what the rest do. I know that many varieties of green peepers will turn dark as they stay on the plant.......there should be a MN extension web site that she could check out for more information.
Hope that helps.