Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Garden

Justin promised me that by the end of June I'd have a garden. I can't say I really believed him but low and behold he was close! After the first weekend in July my garden is planted!! I have to say I'm pretty excited. It's kinda a lazy man's garden - right up my alley. We put in a retaining wall that's high enough so you don't really have to bend over and added a drip line that's hooked up to the sprinkler system so I don't have to water. Nice!! We planted tomatoes, rhubarb, green, red, jalapeno, banana and other hot peppers, herbs and acorn squash. Since it was so late in the season I used all plants. The fence is still in progress but it's looking great so far.

Here's some before and after pics.



7 comments:

Abbie said...

Nice! That retaining wall makes it look fun and easy!

Anne said...

Yes - very Nice K!

Crystal said...

Awesome garden! I am very impressed!

Kristie said...

I love it! It looks like you might have maters soon!

Abbie said...

The top pics look like a MAJOR storm is coming!

Anonymous said...

So jealous of your rhubarb - my mom used to have some in her garden when I was a kid. I don't have a green thumb I could never have a garden. It looks great.

Kristen said...

I think a storm was coming that night.