Friday, July 25, 2008

First Garden Meal

Last night Justin and I were trying to figure out what to have for dinner. We looked into our bare fridge and pulled out some lettuce for salad and chips and cheese for nachos. Yes I know, we eat a weird combination of stuff but there wasn't much to choose from. Suddenly it dawned on Justin that we can spice this whole meal up with food from the garden. I was sooooo excited so I ran out there and grabbed cilantro and a banana pepper for the nachos and a green pepper and tomato for the salad. I have never tasted a green pepper so flavorful. It was heaven. And a piece of advice: don't get a fresh banana pepper on the outside of your lips/mouth. It BURNS!! It didn't taste that hot on the nachos but I was in pain for a good 5 minutes. I can't wait for us to get more veggies! I feel so domestic. :)

No comments: