Sunday, July 6, 2008

Photo Help

I was looking at my photo album recently and realized that I haven't ordered prints of my photos since last August. I thought it was probably about time that I ordered some so I went on snapfish to start going through all of them. I don't know if it was to0 overwhelming of a task or if my husband is rubbing off on me but I'm not even sure I want to order them anymore. Between my website, my blog, facebook, and the online photo albums everyone has do I even need to make prints and keep doing photo albums? I can't say I ever look at them nor does anyone else when they are over. Plus I already have a closet that is overflowing with old ones. Justin thinks we should only do special occasions like trips or I suppose when we have kids someday that will count too. :) I'm torn so I would really like to hear what everyone else does! Are all these prints really necessary? For now I'm going to finish through the end of 2007...

4 comments:

Anne said...

I usually get my pictures done once a quarter. I would only take a few of my favorites from each event, instead of a ton (like I would normally do.) Another idea would be to do a photo book. You would save room in you place and just do it year by year. This would force you to not have too many picture, but you could also put a handful on each page. Plus they are fun to do:)Good Luck K!

Aaron Mathison said...

I rarely make prints, usually only if I want to do something like put it in a frame. Otherwise I just make sure I have backups upon backups so I don't lose the digital files in case I want to print or copy them someday down the road.

Anonymous said...

I save them on a memory stick and just print the ones I want to hang on my bulletin board at work or put in a frame around the house. I just print them off and throw them in a box - seems like a waste as I rarel go back and look at them.

Laura Dehmlow said...

Well since I scrapbook-I print as I take-in fact I was just "cleaning" out the office at home and there are STACKS of pictures that need to be organized so I can be ready to scrap when I get a chance! Really if I did't have the kids I think I only do trips and stuff or I like the idea of a photo book per year-you could do one month per page and hit the highlights-christmas, 4th, New Years, you get the idea!