Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sandy Lake I

Another fun weekend has come and gone. Justin and I joined Brent, Cran and Mallory at the Crandall cabin on sat for our annual cabin weekend. We had a little bit of a rough start getting up there due to my poor memory skills. I tried really hard to be a good wife and pack up the car Friday so we could get an early start Sat. Unfortunately the combination of having too much fun Thurs night at Jeff's birthday party and a 19 mile roller blade Friday afternoon put me into extreme exhaustion/wanting to die and I was hardly conscious when packing the car. In addition to forgetting some small minor things, we get to Cari's to drop off Conner and realized that I had packed his kennel but forgot the key bars that hold the kennel together. Oops! Luckily I have MacGyver for a husband and he figured out how to bungee it together and had it stay. Problem solved and off we went!


The best thing about spending a weekend with a fellow blogger is whenever something eventful would happen we would turn to each other and say "Blog Moment!" haha. I know we're nerds, but it was fun. So here are my top blog moments for the weekend:


1. Brent was walking around and his shorts were falling down so we were teasing him about sagging shorts. To prove to us how big they were he attempted to pull down his shorts without unzipping. (I can't stop laughing as I am typing this) Apparently they weren't as big as he thought because in addition to pulling his shorts down, his boxers came with it and Cran and I had a clear view of his nice white ass. He scrambled to pull them back up but it was too late. The damage was done and I don't think he will ever live that down.


2. Brent was fishing on the dock and he got a medium sized sunny. He was carefully removing the hook from the fish's mouth when he squeezed the sunny a little too hard. Out squirted a huge load of poo from the fish all over Brent's shorts - yes, the same shorts from the above story. I didn't know that 1 fish could poo that much!!


3. Our main agenda for the weekend was to lay in the sun, especially on the 8 person blow up tube. It was cloudy on sat when we got there but the weather people promised a clearing of the clouds and some sun before the next round of rain. Next thing we know tornado sirens are going off and Kare 11 is telling us to take cover in our non-basement cabin. Super...Needless to say sat was a bust for outdoor activities but today's sun made up for it.


4. The weekend ended with a bang - literally. We were cleaning up and I dropped one of the lounge chairs on the top of my foot. OWE!! I now have lovely blueish purple bruise slowly forming. I have a feeling in a day or 2 it might be photo blog worthy. For now I have to figure out what shoes I can wear this week...

Unfortunately since one of the small things I forgot was my camera I borrowed Cari's for the weekend and I don't have the card reader for it. You'll have to wait for Sandy Lake II to see pics!

No comments: