Monday, February 23, 2009

Mortified

I am still a little embarrassed about this but it made a great blog moment so I had to post...

Justin took me to Lifetime yesterday to sit in the hot tub with him. We've never tried using his guest pass before so I had never been to this Lifetime. As we're driving there he was telling me how clean the locker rooms are and how nice everything is. He gave me a quick tour of the place and we parted ways at the separate locker rooms. I walk in and the first thing I think is, wow this is really small compared to the U! There was one long row of lockers and then another smaller row perpendicular to the first. There were a couple other women and some kids in there but overall it was pretty empty. I pick my locker and start to change into my swimsuit. As I'm changing I get this really weird stare from one of the girls in there. I didn't think too much of it, just that kids sometimes stare and chalked it up to that. The other weird thing I noticed was the floor was really dirty. Water everywhere and lots of clumps of hair. Yuck. Hair is my pet peeve and started making mental notes to tell Justin how wrong he was about the cleanliness. As I finished changing and started to search for the pool door I see a man walk in the locker room with his kids. I almost died!!! I found the pool door and darted out of there. Apparently I had gone into the family locker room where people change their kids...not themselves. Oops! Could you imagine what would've happened if I had been mid-swim suit change and that guy walked in? No wonder that girl was giving me weird looks. Needless to say after hot tubbing I grabbed my clothes out of the locker, did a small walk of shame, and found the women's locker room.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

OMG. I laughed out loud...what a good start to my Monday.

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha! That is hilarous!!!! They must have thought you were crazy!!

Anne said...

HAHAHA!!!! Best story EVER! hahahaaa

Crystal said...

Oh girl, that sucks! But is hilarious also - thanks for sharing!!

wildprinces-75 said...

That is hysterical