Friday, February 13, 2009

Feeling the love

I was sitting quietly at my desk this morning contemplating if I should start work when I see a smiling head walking towards my cube. (literally the head is the only thing I can see over the cube walls. Even if they are short walls, I am still shorter) It's not too often that we get visitors back in my area especially before 8:30 am so I was very suspicious. Before I can fully comprehend what was going on I was handed a Valentine. My first valentine in years besides ones from my mom, which as sweet as they are, don't really count. I was so surprised and it instantly put a smile on my face. Thanks Caley for making my day!!

On another note I had to bust out the pink vest today in honor of Valentines Day. Gets me in the festive mood. We have our building Valentine's party at work this afternoon. I think it's the best party that the building puts on for us. We get these wonderful sugar cookies in the shape of hearts and then there's a slew of toppings you can choose from to make your own sugary delight. 2:00 can't come soon enough!!

Happy Valentine's day!!

1 comment:

Cal said...

Aww, I'm glad you liked it! Who doesn't love a little Hello Kitty valentine (with a tattoo) first thing in the morning?
If you need more smiles this morning, check out the puppy love pics I put up! They are getting me through the day! http://cjconney.blogspot.com/2009/02/love-is.html