Sunday, June 29, 2008

And done!!

After months of planning our party is over and it was a great success! For those of you who don't know, Cari and I planned a 60th Birthday/20th Anniversary party for our parents at my house. Since they had given both of us such wonderful weddings, we felt we needed to repay them in some way and help celebrate such an exciting year. After a long day of cleaning and cooking, 30 some of their friends and family came over last night and enjoyed a lot of food, alcohol, laughs, and a video we made of them throughout the years. Cari and & I were steathly one weekend and snuck into their house to scan a whole bunch of old photos. It turned out perfect and was a great surprise for everyone.

I have to say I could have done without watching them open a few of their presents including a pilates for better sex video. :P Some things you just don't want to know about. The night ended just in time for us to crash Lori's 40th Bday bash next door right before the rest of her guests left. Such a fun night. I'm so glad it went so well and also that I can relax and quit party planning for awhile.

Ron, Mom, Cari, Me, Justin (Greg left before we could get his picture!)

Mom cutting the cake.

Opening presents

1 comment:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday & Anniversary to your parents and I LOVE your outfit! Adorable!