Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Saints Game

Last night we went to the Saints game for Angie's birthday. Since most of us have a tendency to not pay attention to the game we though we'd needed a little incentive. We played this game where everyone puts a quarter in a cup and you take turns holding the cup. When you have the cup you have to watch what the player up to bat is doing. If he gets on base you get to take a quarter if he gets out you have to put a quarter in. Once the next batter is up you pass the cup. I think the game work! I've never actually watched that much baseball. :)

The bonus of the game is when the batter gets a home run you get everything in the pot. We were waiting all game for a home run. It's the bottom of the 9th, Saints are behind 1-4 and we'd pretty much given up hope for a big play. It was my turn for the cup, my [now] favorite player Brent Krause gets up to bat. I start waving the rally flag. The pitch is thrown and crack, it's a hit! A long high pop up and it goes over the fence. Woo hooo! I won a whopping $4.25!! Saint still ended up losing but at least we had some excitement.

Us with our Rally Flags

Matt refused to be in a picture so I had to get the back of his head.

1 comment:

Anne said...

How Fun! Happy Birthday Angie! I love the idea of the quarter in the cup. We'll have to do that. See you on Monday.