Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blast from the past


Yeah, that's me a few years ago...


Last night I went to my old dance studio - Woodbury Dance Center - recital. It was so fun to see my old line do their routines and amazing to watch the dancers. They are incredibly good! Of course it brought back tons of memories especially seeing the middle schoolers in their awkward years. There was one girl who was so skinny that seriously my arms were bigger than her legs. She looked pretty tall, so I'm guessing (hoping!) that she just hit a growth spurt and will start to fill out soon. I couldn't stop staring at her though and not because she was that great of a dancer. It was a little scary looking. And of course the whole show made me really miss dancing and being involved in that whole scene. Such good times. Maybe I really will start taking classes again in the fall?!?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL! I remember those shoes and that costume. What a great picture. I think I even remember what you wore when you had the dance with Paul Somebody...and the last part of the dance you almost had to kiss him..remmeber that? I feel like I have such great dance memories and I couldn't dance to save my life...

Anne said...

I am right there too. My niece had her first recital a couple of weeks ago. It gave me a huge itch to want to dance. Once a dancer - always a dancer~ Adorable picture!