Sunday, September 21, 2008

Observations of San Fran

The trip has been great so far. We had our first day of conferences today and yesterday we crammed as much touristy stuff in as possible. Here's what I have noticed so far...

1. Sooo many hot men here but they are all soooo gay. Still very fun to look at!
2. There are random shoes laying all over the city sidewalks. Scott thinks it has to do with that scene in the movie The Pursuit of Happiness. This morning we even found the left shoe that went with the right one saw before. I will try and get pictures of these before the week is over. :)
3. When you check in you are given a bunch of free gifts including a shirt or jacket. Oracle apparently thinks not enough women attend this conference to make it worth while to make shirts/jackets in anything smaller than a men's large which as one of the workers said, tends to run big. sidenote: I have seen a lot more women here than I thought but still there has yet to be a line in any of the women's bathrooms. Miracle!
4. My pants are not going to be fitting by the end of the week. First Oracle makes sure there is some kind of food sitting out between every session - and it's all really good stuff from pastries in the am to cookies in the afternoon. Second all of the restaurants we have eaten at have been incredible!! I love good food!
5. There is a starbucks on every block. no joke. Bonus: the conference serves starbucks coffee ALL DAY LONG for free. I am in heaven...and am highly caffeinated.
6. My favorite quote of the day: This older man was handing out a drawing slip as you entered one of the sessions. One woman asked what it was for and the man replied it was to win a Wii - expect instead of pronouncing it Wii he said it like Why. Oh we laughed so hard.

Here's a couple highlight pics from Pier 39.

Renee and I with Alcatraz in the background. yes, it was super windy hence me eating my hair.


I loved the Sea Lions!!!


I also love all the cable cars and wiring everywhere. This was taken close to where the conference is being held.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I love San Fran and all the great food!
Lori

Cal said...

San Fran is my FAVORITE. Ok, well, it is at least in my top 5 cities in the world, right up there with Madrid, Venice, Dublin and Deerwood, Minnesota (the cabin.) Haha...

www.tonycu.com said...

I lvoe the hair int he first picture. must have been a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you had any Rice A Roni yet? Sounds like you are having a great time - will you be waiting in line to get a copy of SATC out there?