Sunday, September 7, 2008

Perfect Fall Weekend



A rare thing happened this weekend. Friday came and we had NO plans for the whole entire weekend. I think this might be the first time in 2007 this has happened. Sat Justin and I headed to the Renaissance Festival. We have been saying for years that we've wanted to check it out and we finally had the time! It was interesting...I didn't bring my camera but I swear those people pictured above were clones of ones that I saw. It definitely drew a different crowd. Not something I can ever see myself getting into but I did enjoy being called "My Lady" for the afternoon. We watched jousting, a fire eating show, and of course had to hit up the famous Puke & Snot (Jr now). And it wouldn't be any fair unless we ate our heart out so we indulged in a popover, Turkey drumstick, cheese curds, frozen chocolate covered banana, and a bore sandwich. Very glad that we checked it out but I don't think we'll be going back for many years.


The cool rainy weather Sunday morning set the stage for a great football watching day. We had the Eids over to kickoff the year. Since the Vikes weren't playing we watched Justin's team - the Jets play Miami. Mallory even got to antagonize Justin a bit by saying "Go Dolphins!"

And now everyone (yes Conner & Zoey included) in my house is taking their afternoon siesta. Such a great day. Maybe I should go join them...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Now we need to make sure Mallory knows the Vikes are the REAL team to cheer for! Thanks for the fun fall afternoon of football!

Abbie said...

J-E-T-S Brett Brett Brett!!!

And GO PACK GO tomorrow!!!

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Watch for me on TV at Lambeau tomorrow! See you Tuesday!