Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You know you are getting old when...

I'm heading to San Fran this weekend for a business work conference - Oracle Open World for anyone nerdy enough to know what that is. Another girl that I work with and I are planning on going out to a club the first night were are there before the conference start. As we're talking about what we're going to wear all I can worry about is how cold I am going to be getting there and if it's ok to wear a coat. REALLY? How old am I? It'll probably be between 50 and 60 degrees; not all that cold. In college I used to go out to house parties wearing the tiniest of all skirts and skimpiest tank tops in the middle of winter! We'd tromp across campus shivering and cuddling in groups all just to look good. My how things have changed...

I did feel a little better though as I was talking to Brent and Cran about what we're wearing to our high school reunion. Brent mentioned he'll probably wear a dressier shirt, jeans but still might wear his tennis shoes instead of nice brown ones because they are more comfortable and he'll probably be walking around and on his feet all night long. At least I'm not the only one thinking about comfort before fashion. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny and so true - wait til you hit 33 like me

You will have so much fun in San Francisco!

Crystal said...

Yep, I hear ya! When on our honeymoon, I wore tennis shoes (white ones too!!!) almost everyday to trek around.

Although I have to admit I'm the total nerd who brought her jacket to house parties in college, so I guess not much has changed.

Kristie said...

All very true. However, I will make sure that my hubby does NOT go to MY high school reunion wearing tennis shoes with his dress shirt (or his over worn jersey...)
I can't wait to see the San Fran pics!

Cal said...

Oh man, too funny...I am going to Iowa this weekend and will be hitting the town with my best friend. I had all of my outfits planned around it being chilly and now this warm weather has hit and I don't know WHAT to do. Looks like I'll be ditching the sweater dresses and tights and reevaluating what to pack!