Monday, September 1, 2008

Camping Part III

Usually camping once a year is more than enough for me but I had friends who really wanted to go. I'm a sucker for hanging out with all of them so I happily agreed. We headed up Friday afternoon to Camp Waub-O-Jeeg in Taylors Falls. The weather was perfect and a great way to spend the last weekend of summer. I did pretty good this time although still had one run in w/a spider that was even worse than last time. We were sitting around the fire and this gust of wind blows. I looked down and see the biggest black daddy long legs on my arm. I screamed like a little girl and jumped up flapping my arm. It gave me the willies... Of course lots of pictures taken. Here are a couple highlights:

Friday night hanging around the campfire.




Sat we went canoeing down the St. Croix.






There were definitely a few people we saw that required blog moments. The first was spotted as Justin and I were driving into Stillwater. We were stuck in traffic and on the side of the road, a guy on a bike slowly pedals by. And in his mouth...a pipe!! Apparently he couldn't wait to get to the top of the hill before he started his smoke. It was too quick for me to get a picture but I'm sure an image pops in your head.

The 2nd was this guy. We canoed by him and he seem to enjoy bending over and showing us his plumber crack. Click the link to see a larger picture if you really want to get the full effect!


My favorite has to be this guy. We were picnicking at a park near our campground and in drives this guy. He took a lap of the park and left. Maybe it's because we weren't so subtle trying to get a picture of him. :) Gotta love the milk crate on the back of the bike and a flannel when it's 80+ degrees out!

No comments: